Welcome!!

Allergens Included:
Gluten/Wheat, Lactose, Milk, Egg and Yeast

Please keep in mind that my "Allergy-Free" recipes are geared toward these food allergies only and to the best of my knowledge, do not contain these allergens.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Starvation Sensation?

When you are first starting out and re-learning how to eat, sometimes it is hard to get that "I'm full" feeling; especially if you are craving foods that you cannot have. This is what I used during those times.


Everyone has that emergency moment when you are running late and starving.  So you grab a candy bar or swing through a drive-through, which no longer is an easy option.  So this protein drink became my favorite quick fix.  I use this most days for breakfast.  It is a protein powder called Spiru-Tein.  You can find this online or at most GNC stores.  Be careful.  Most protein powders contain milk or milk protects.  This is the only one I found that does not contain any of my allergies.  It does contain soy.

It is a meal substitute and  has all your daily vitamins.  You can mix it with juice or milk.  There are lots of different flavors.  It comes with a scooper that is measured for every eight ounces of liquid.  This makes the container last a long time.  I use a blender with the chocolate and soy milk.  Yes, sometimes I even add some Rice Dream Ice-cream for a no-milkshake. 


I am usually a huge coffee drinker in the morning.  This eliminates the need.  It is good enough to wake you up in the morning but not so strong that it keeps you up if you have it for dinner.

Tip:  Most powder drinks say they dissolve in liquid as does this one.  I always use a blender for best results. 


Flavors:

SPIRU-TEIN Original

Vanilla
Chocolate
Cappuccino
Strawberry
Banana
Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl
Nutty Berry Burst
Tropical Fruit
Cookies & Cream
Peaches & Cream
Strawberry Shortcake
Cherries Jubilee
Strawberry Banana
Raspberry Royal
Double Fudge Crunch
Blueberries & Cream
Tangerine Dream

Simply Natural SPIRU-TEIN (Unsweetened flavors)


Vanilla
Chocolate
Strawberry
Banana
Peaches & Cream



SPIRU-TEIN WHEY (Energy Formula)

Vanilla
Chocolate
Strawberry
Cookies & Cream
Cherries Jubilee
Raspberry Royal